1887 The brothers Carl and Fritz Buddeberg establish the company Gebr. Buddeberg - that time a small optician's shop in Mannheim.

1939 At the beginning of World War II, Carl Buddeberg dies aged 79; Otto Franke, who had been working in the company for more than 45 years becomes his successor. During the war, the shop located in A3, 5 in Mannheim suffers 7 hits between 1940 and 1945 until finally destroyed completely on the 1st of May, 1945.

1946 Otto Franke is taken from his employees unexpectedly by his sudden death. After this stroke of fate, the company staff works eagerly to cope with the growing demands of the business. At the old location in Mannheim A3, 5, the company starts again in completely new and appropriate offices. The business is now owned by Ella Franke, who leads the company supported by well-proven employees in the good and solid tradition the name of Buddeberg always stood for. In the course of time, the focus of the Buddeberg has developed into laboratory equipment supply and manufacture.

1973 The company Gebr. Buddeberg is bought by Werner Götz and in June 1978 they move into the new building in Mannheim-Wohlgelegen

1974 Gebr. Buddeberg becomes a member of the LHU (Labor-Handels-Union).
Am 09. Mai 1983 the ownership goes to Anita Laux and Hubert Bohlender. Anita Laux leaves the company in 1988, Hubert Bohlender is single owner and manager of Buddeberg since.
1987 On the occasion of the 100th anniversary, Hubert Bohlender establishes the company's own laboratory exhibition "BUDDE" which is held every three years up to now. Formerly located at Rosengarten in Mannheim, and later moved to the Maimarkt location in Mannheim, for the first time in 2008.


In May 1997 the Buddeberg GmbH moves into the newly-built premises in Mannheim-Mallau
During time, the LHU changes its name into Quadrolab and finally in 2004, into LLG (Lab Logistics Group). Among six other companies, Buddeberg GmbH is a founding member of the LLG GmbH with headquarters in Meckenheim near Bonn. Meanwhile, the LLG is backed by 28 independent lab suppliers from all over Europe. All shareholders have electronic access to the warehousing facility with its storage capacity of 9000 sqm.
Having an annual turnover of approx. 350 mio. Euros, LLG is one of the biggest lab suppliers in Europe.

2007 the name Gebr. Buddeberg GmbH is changed to Buddeberg GmbH.


2011 Myriam Bohlender, daughter of Hubert Bohlender, joins the company in the marketing department for the time being; but to be part of the management in the near future.

2012 Currently, the Buddeberg GmbH has 23 employees. The company-owned production range produces compressed-air-powered stirrers for laboratories and magnetic coupled stirrers made from stainless steel or PTFE.


On 27th of October 2012 Buddeberg GmbH celebrates its 125th anniversary. Hubert Bohlender, company owner and director, gives procuration to his daughter Myriam Bohlender.

On 04 April 2017 Hubert Bohlender, formerly sole manager, appointed his daughter Myriam Bohlender as managing director of Buddeberg GmbH and gave procuration to Tatjana Lehr.

 

Carl Buddeberg

Ella Franke

Werner Götz

Hubert Bohlender

Myriam Bohlender